Protect yourself from scammers!
Below are a few tips for how to keep your information and identity safe:
1. Deal only with sellers with whom you can meet in person. Make this your #1 purchasing rule and you will avoid almost all scam attempts.
**If you are interested in purchasing snowmobiles or parts, this is especially important in order to confirm that the ad or information obtained online from a seller is legitimate and matches the information they have given you.
2. Never wire funds via western union, money gram, or any other wire service. Anyone who asks you to do this is likely a scammer.
3. Fake cashier checks and money orders are common, and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered. Avoid using these types of payment methods.
4. Vintage Snowmobiles For Sale is not involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions or offer “buyer protection” or “seller certification”.
5. Never give out personal or financial information (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, or any other compromising information about yourself)
6. Avoid deals involving shipping services. Also be aware that only a scammer will “guarantee” your transaction.
7. Be careful when accepting Paypal as a payment method from a buyer – scams have been reported whereby after obtaining the item for sale, the buyer disputes the charge, cancels his/her account and disappears.